Hardware PC Interface for Keyboard alone?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a quick question. I own a home keyboard and would love to take things abit further by using my laptop and some software like Cubase or cakewalk and make bigger more complex compositions than the on board six track sequencer will allow me too. Does anyone know of a decent and relatively cheap hardware solution to this? I read up on the Yamaha mw8xc PC Interface but it seems to aimed at more microphone based recording and I would prefer a solution that allows me to record directly from my keyboard, and allow me more tracks, greater control of each track, effects (if possible) and ability to make a finalised song that can be dumped onto CD. I must confess as much as i love composing and plying my keyboards I am somewhat of a novice at the Midi side of things, so a USB solution would be preferable.But any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Reaction score
Forgot to say that my keyboard only has General MIDI, if that is a problem! I'd be using a Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop so as I said, a USB solution would be preferable, please.

Thanks

Ask a Question