harmony under the melody

Reaction score
Hello
Been playing for a couple of years and play chords and one note melodys .Would like to add to the one note stuff and go to say a 2 note melody.Do i just play another note that fits with the melody note. eg If i play C with a G or F with an A.
Any ideas, not a serious player just would like to kick it along a bit.
re mick
[have a PSR-E233]

The Y_man

Reaction score
Basically - yes - start with the two highest notes of the chord you are playing. :)

...or get lazy like me and go to something like the PSR-E4xx series which has an auto-harmonizer that does it for you auto-magically:eek: :D

Reaction score
Ta Y
Just to make sure..we are talking about the right hand here.Whatever note i normally play on the melody i add the next highest note of the chord to accompany it.If the note is G i add a B with it...or D i hit an F.?
re mick

The Y_man

Reaction score
Ta Y
Just to make sure..we are talking about the right hand here.Whatever note i normally play on the melody i add the next highest note of the chord to accompany it.If the note is G i add a B with it...or D i hit an F.?
re mick

Lets say Chord is C major

Your melody note E
Play the C below it.

Your melody note C
Play the G below it

etc

Reaction score
Hej mick47willis,

what Y-Man told you is o k. I just want to make clear:

The melody not must always be on top and the additive notes you can take out of the left-hand cord:

If left-hand cord is g-maj (G B D) and melody note is B you can addit below G or even D.

If you have some practice you can even add on the right hand the whole cord (basic or 1. and 2. invention).

Ask a Question