Has this ever happened?

Reaction score
You copy an MP3 file from an external hard drive to your Documents on your main drive of the computer and it shows when you look in Documents but when you go to upload file here (or any other website for that matter) in the window that comes up for the upload it's missing in Documents.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know that I've had that specific issue before, but whenever I have a similar sort of problem it usually turns out to be one of two things:

(1) I've mistakenly created or copied a shortcut to the desired file, rather than the actual file.

(2) The operating system has flagged the file as having come from another computer. Whenever I download a file, or copy a file from an external source, I usually right-click on the file afterward, go to its Properties, and unblock it (if I trust that it doesn't contain anything malicious):

upload_2017-3-9_15-31-58.png

I don't know whether either of those apply to your situation.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Is there a filter for site you're uploading to? It may be looking for a specific type of file, and the extension of the file may not match what the site is looking for.

Reaction score
Doesn't matter now as I was trying to upload a file to the site, but forgot that all I had to do was upload the file to Soundcloud and copy and paste it here. But the other way still doesn't work for me.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Uploading to Keyboardforums also imposes a pretty small size limit on the file.

I think it's about 100K or less per file.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question