Having trouble modifying MIDI's for Casio LK-280

Reaction score
Hi All,
Earlier last week I had posted a thread asking for help in trying to figure out how to transfer MIDI's from my PC to my Casio LK-280 via USB cable. Well, I'm happy to say that I was able to resolve the problem and I can now transfer MIDI files between my keyboard and PC with no problem whatsoever. HOWEVER, I'm now encountering a different problem when modifying the MIDI file for lesson playback. Only the right-handed parts of the song are being lit up and shown on the keyboard after modifying and transferring the MIDI. I'm using the program "Aria Maestosa" to manually assign each hand/part its required channel (left hand=ch.3 & right hand=ch.4). I then export the midi to the "MUSICDAT" folder, and then transfer the SD card back to the keyboard. It's doing the exact same thing to every MIDI song I try to transfer. I'm almost certain that I followed the YouTube tutorial exactly as it was being shown and explained. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? ANY help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
-Dave

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It's possible that the left and right hand parts are combined on a single MIDI channel rather than separated from each other on two channels. I've asked to see one of the files to determine if that's the problem.

res

Reaction score
Aria Maestosa start counting channels from 0 so, use (left hand=ch.2 & right hand=ch.3).

Ask a Question