Headphone plug in keyboard

Reaction score
Korg PA 1000: Part of the headphone plug is in keyboard. Who has advice?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If it's an adapter, the adapter should be designed so you can grab enough of it with your fingers to pull it out.

If it isn't an adapter, and part of the plug got broken off inside the jack, it would make a difference how much of the plug got broken off-- for instance, just the tip, or the entire plug?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's two possible approaches to removing a stuck plug that's broken off.

If you can access the interior of the jack with a probe by opening up the device and pushing it out with a needle that would be the best case scenario.

Worst case scenario is if the jack is a sealed unit with no access holes. In that case the recommended approach is to use a blunt rod like a chopstick and put a single drop of cyanoacryllic super glue (brand name Krazy Glue) on the tip, and then very carefully bond the chopstick to the stuck plug inside the jack and after it sets very gently pull out the plug. Be EXTREMELY careful not to foul the interior of the jack with glue else you will end up having to desolder the jack and replace it with a new one.

Be warned that I have never attempted the second procedure myself and warn that you attempt this at your own risk. I am only going by what I have seen on Youtube and Google. I cannot guarantee that results will be as advertised.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Everyone thanks for your input.
The problem is solved.
Unscrewed the bottom of the keyboard and pushed the jack plug back into the keyboard and lifted the three catches.
Then lift the three catches with a tweezers when removing the entire Jack plug.
Thank you everyone for your input.

Ask a Question