Heavy rock keys with distortion

Reaction score
Hi all,

Brand new here and could use guidance. I play keys for a heavy rock/psychedelic band. I'm playing on a Yamaha MM6 and sometimes use a distortion pedal for solos and strange effects. My current problem has to do with tone and volume. I basically have a hard time getting the volume without seriously sacrificing tone. Sometimes the low/middle end seems to cut out altogether. I'm currently using a Peavy Mark III (150 watts, solid state). I realize I need to upgrade my amp, and have heard good things about the Traynor K4-but what do you guys think? Any suggestions? Thanks...

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :) Hopefully someone will be able to make a suggestion. What's the name of your band?

Wes

Reaction score
It's hard to give any kind of meaningful advice with the information provided...specifically, what is wrong with the tone, when is it right, and so on?

If you like the tone coming out of the pedal, then hook that right into your PA. If you need the amp to colour your tone, mic the amp and go through your PA.

Ask a Question