Hello all - In my PA600QT My Factory , Legacy, and GM sounds are not working

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, and have a question ..
In my PA600QT My Factory , Legacy, and GM sounds are not working ..

Only user defined sets I added work ... so, while playing, I switch to either one of those, and noting happens ... for few of them. randomly, the new sound I select mixes a little with the sound I ma playing .. I know it sounds weird, but never able to select a sound - I appreciate any help - Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome

First thing, create a Save All file, save it to your USB memory stick.

Media > Save > select All > then write the file.

Then perform a full Restore using your Backup file.

Everything should be then restored to Factory Conditions.

If not download the most up to date OS Update file and reflash the OS using the file, but do read the installation instructions, they will tell you how and what key combinations to press before you then power up the keyboard and follow the onscreen instructions.

All should then be OK, reboot the PA and thoroughly test it before you come back to us.

Reaction score
Typically these sounds sit in ROM (Read Only Memory). I've often heard of user sounds not playing because the battery that backs them up fails so the user programs get wiped out. I rarely have heard of ROM sounds not working; perhaps the board that houses the ROM is damaged somehow. Try the factory reset as mentioned above but if that doesn't work then you most likely have a hardware issue.

Reaction score
Good point Dave.

If the battery is like newer PA models it resides under a cover plate at the rear left of the keyboard. Do make sure the power lead is removed before removing the cover pkate.

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the quick response
Col
I will definitely try When you say "Save All", as in the backup process?

Also, I have a more general question, would you guys suggest a separate thread for better exposure and interaction? versus adding it here?

Reaction score
No Luis the two are different.

There are two routines to perform with any Korg PA.

(1) A full system Backup which is actioned via the Global Menu

(2) A Save All which is actioned via the Media as per my info above

If you think of them that the Save All has all your User Data and the Full Backup has the system OS excluding User Data that will probably help, that is how I think of it.

Reaction score
Also, I have a more general question, would you guys suggest a separate thread for better exposure and interaction? versus adding it here?
My biggest preferences is that you report back your results. More times than not we make recommendations and then never hear from the poster again. When this happens we have no idea if our suggestions worked or failed; it would be good to know so that when the next poster has a similar issue we have some track record to understand whether a previously reported similar problem was actually solved by our suggestions or whether you found something 'disconnected' when you opened up the keyboard. we can then add that to our suggestion "tool box" for you to look at as a possible reason for your issue.

Reaction score
No Luis the two are different.

There are two routines to perform with any Korg PA.

(1) A full system Backup which is actioned via the Global Menu

(2) A Save All which is actioned via the Media as per my info above

If you think of them that the Save All has all your User Data and the Full Backup has the system OS excluding User Data that will probably help, that is how I think of it.

Reaction score
Welcome

First thing, create a Save All file, save it to your USB memory stick.

Media > Save > select All > then write the file.

Then perform a full Restore using your Backup file.

Everything should be then restored to Factory Conditions.

If not download the most up to date OS Update file and reflash the OS using the file, but do read the installation instructions, they will tell you how and what key combinations to press before you then power up the keyboard and follow the onscreen instructions.

All should then be OK, reboot the PA and thoroughly test it before you come back to us.

Attachments

• 42C96B1F-878B-459D-8445-BD0F19A3B24E.jpeg
    42C96B1F-878B-459D-8445-BD0F19A3B24E.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 66294CD8-0C99-45C9-B57B-7F36989D9CE1.jpeg
    66294CD8-0C99-45C9-B57B-7F36989D9CE1.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 666E111E-3D25-4EA9-9ED2-63415271C849.jpeg
    666E111E-3D25-4EA9-9ED2-63415271C849.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 48BFC527-4913-4679-A97D-96AFF0D1583E.jpeg
    48BFC527-4913-4679-A97D-96AFF0D1583E.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 51
Reaction score
I had to save the file as *.set not as a fine. I didn’t see an option for that.

Reaction score
Should I do factory restore first then add user sets?! would that be a better option

Reaction score
I am used to a PA700 so my info might vary from your system.

.set is the standard file saving extension for Korg PA’s

The Media > Save > All should write to a USB memory stick so do please ensure that this occurs.

I use a reverse date format for mine ii will be named 20210225SaveAll.set

For the Utility > Full Resource Backup that look OK

Firstly
Did you put in a new button cell battery?

If not do nothing until you swap over for a new one.

Second
Then restore your PA and test fully BEFORE loading anything else.

Third
Then come back to us.

Fourth
We will say the next part then

Reaction score
Biggle
If you’re referring to the battery that keeps the system clock working and in sync, yes ... I have one and is working fine. Let me know if you’re referring to another battery.

Thx

Reaction score
Yes, that is the one.

Korg’s manual is very vague about when to replace the button cell.

I replaced mine every 18 months
Thanks.
I replaced mine a while ago and it’s working fine.
I did the steps that you and other suggested and I still don’t have success.
I uploaded screenshots above to show that there is a discrepancy between the instructions and my screen but I didn’t get a response. At any rate I appreciate I will continue to try and I will let you know.

Reaction score
Lets get on the same page.

Do remember I cannot give you verbatim word for word instructions, I do not have your model, nor do I currently have a PA.

Your button cell is OK

You have Created a Save All file?

You have Restored the PA using a previously created Backup file?

You have reloaded the latest OS (from the Korg update file 2.1.0 and not from your Backup file)?

You are still having issues?

If the answer to each of these questions is Yes then its time to take your PA to a service centre.

Reaction score
I have to install the latest OS. I didn’t do that yet.
But please, take a look at the screen shots I uploaded and let me know if it matches your instructions- thanks

Reaction score
Screenshots look OK.

Only thing to check when creating the Backup and Save All .set files is to save them to removable media.

My PA had a USB socket for a memory stick and a MicroSD card which was under the button cell cover. It was the Micro SD that I mainly used for storing the Backup and Save All files.

Ask a Question