Hello! Back Again!

Reaction score
Been super busy for many moons now within the music industry. Some things went well, and some went sour lol. The business will never change, and it simply is what it is!.
Anyway, wanted to say hello to everyone again! And also to let some of you know that I am looking to do a Christmas/Winterland/Ice/Snow kinda of instrumental song with one or more of you on here. I am strictly looking to do this for fun, and am looking for others to join in, and let's put together a killer holiday/wintery kinda track! Hey, if something ends up sounding really great, who knowsssss???? HA!
Pleas let me hear from some of you who might have some interest in putting this together.
FYI I am a guitarist. So looking to fill in all of the other parts of this track via keyboards. Contact info below! Let's puts something down to give to family and friends.
All the best!
Jim
PM for email address

Last edited by a moderator:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think your email address caused your post to get hung up in the moderation queue. Posting your email is an open invitation to spammers who like to scrape the web for email addresses, so I changed it to "PM for email address."

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd like to suggest making it a wiki style project.

Post up a MIDI file and attach it to your next message with a beat or a bassline (they're small and won't end up taxing the board's resources).

Then each of us in turn can add to or edit it according to our tastes and post the next stage attached to the reply.

The final products (no reason there can't be more than one version :) ) can be rendered as MP3 and posted as a soundcloud or youtube link.

It would be fun to see a wiki xmas song develop before our eyes and everyone can participate.

No one would be obliged to work with any particular version but we could number the output MIDI files and each of us can document his intermediate or final version in the attached message.

Might I suggest something along the line of Trans Siberian Orchestra's Carol of the Bells? :)

And as a general guideline to all the eager beavers out there, "Less is MORE!" :)

Sounds fun to me.

Let's git er done!!! :D :D :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW if you wish to contribute a guitar or bass or other acoustic instrument track to the MIDI versions the Sonuus G2M Guitar to MIDI module makes for a poor man's MIDI guitar without devastating the pocketbook. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Sonuus-G2M-Universal-Audio-Converter/dp/B01KNIOX2O/

It really doesn't cost much more than a decent Wah Wah Pedal :)

Gary ;)

EDIT >>> I am dying to use mine with an electric Kazoo :D :D :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just created a small MIDI file, 4/4 time, 130 BPM with the Roland GS Orchestral Drum Set with a Christmas Pop sort of beat.

Here it is, so let's see what everybody does with it. :)

NOTE: The system does not accept .mid files so you have to zip them first.

Gentlemen! Start your synthesizers!!! :)

Gary ;)

Attachments

• xmas-midi-wiki-1a.zip
    614 bytes · Views: 221

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Second installment.

Added some tubular bells and some choir Aahs for a bassline.

It sounds pretty xmassy but it's a bit sloppy right now.

Just bouncing off some ideas right now.

Fell free to clean it up or change it entirely if you'd like. :)

Some lyrics would be nice if any poets out there wanna give it a shot.

Gary ;)

Attachments

• xmas-midi-wiki-1b.zip
    6 KB · Views: 219

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Another installment.

Cleaned up the bells.

Added some flute and strings.

Used GM Voicing to make it more portable.

Included Cakewalk WRK file for easier edits.

I may end up finishing this one myself, :D

Gary ;)

Attachments

• xmas-midi-wiki-1d.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 218
  • xmas-midi-wiki-1e.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Reaction score
Happyrat1 wrote

I may end up finishing this one myself, :D
Funnily enough that is what we all were probably thinking was going to happen.

And I was going to include a nice Bass line and riff in it ...... only problem with that idea is that my learning Cakewalk has taken a bit of a back burner status.:rolleyes:

:)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Feel free to import the MIDIs into cakewalk, change the voicings to suit your gear, and delete and add and edit tracks to your heart's content.

Like I said way back in the thread, there's really no reason why there has to be only one version.

I may put up an MP3 version with the Kurzweil on Soundcloud and Youtube in a few days but I want to hear everyone else's versions working with this stuff.

BTW, the e version I uploaded was revised and reuploaded so make sure you have the current version.

Bell timing is much cleaner now.

My suggestion is that every contributor uses a different alphabet letter to differentiate their versions.

So you would be b1, b2, b3, etc. while the next guy would be c1, etc...

Gary ;)

Ask a Question