Hello from a newbie and novice

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm from the sunny South Coast of England (near Brighton). I play and sing harmonies in a working pub band.

I'll say the next bit very quietly though. I usually play bass guitar! I'm learning keys and a have a Roland E-09 arranger and hope to add a MicroKorg shortly. I play them through a Bose L1 Model II mainly.

I'm a mad gear collector though, so as I get more into keys, I'm sure my house will start to subside with the weight of booty I may collect (if my bass and guitar collection is anything to go by).

I'm a mad Stranglers fan (what not start with the hard bits) so I'm sort of interested in exploring Dave's gear.

Be gentle with me - and you'll probably find me hanging around in the "Gear for Sale" section on here pretty soon (if there is such a thing please point me in the right direction).

Oh yeah, one last thing. Where is this forum based? Is this a UK, US or European thing? As I am looking for a keyboard tutor if there is one around.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
To quote The Stranglers, "Life Shows No Mercy" :D :D :D

And Welcome aboard :D

I believe the forum owners are all UK based, but people read and participate in this forum from all over the world.

As far as the Microkorg goes, I'd suggest getting a Casio XW-P1 or XW-G1 instead. I owned a Microkorg XL once and don't regret for a heartbeat selling it off and getting an XW-P1. Far more value for the money and far more bang for the buck.

As for keyboard tutorials, there's tons of stuff on Youtube to sharpen your chops with. Otherwise if you're seriously looking for somebody local to come in I'd suggest checking out the Craigslist classifieds. I believe they have an entire section devoted to private instruction.

Anyway, have fun and see ya around the board. ;)

Gary

PS. > here's your "Gear for Sale" section.

https://www.keyboardforums.com/forums/keyboard-classifieds.41/

Ask a Question