Hello from Holland!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Martijn, live in the Netherlands and is restarting the wonderfull hobby of music making.
Some 10 years ago I sold my Roland G-800 and JV-1000 together with an S-550 and mixing panel.
Now I miss playing and like to restart the hobby.
Not with that much hardware this time, I own a GM CD-10. Not what I'm used to at all! Therefor I'm exploring the software side of things, and using the keyboard as a Midi-keyboard.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Martijn/@Alfisti164!

Which software have you been exploring? You mentioned Cubase 5 in another thread, but I'm wondering if there are any specific virtual instruments or third-party plug-ins that you've found to be especially pleasing to your ears? :)

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

Yes, had some experience with Cubase with a friend who was using it. I didn't have much time to test a lot out but I downloaded lots of synthezisers and piano VST's.
My interests are instrumental music like Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis etc. but also moviemusic. Offcourse it is also fun to play popsongs from now and way back... It is just what I feel like at the moment, I play classical to.

Why I downloaded virtual instruments? Well, I am used to Roland sounds and the starter keyboard that i use now, well, doens't come near the sounds of Roland. The piano isn't a piano but a pling-plong instrument. You get the point. By making it a midi-keyboard I can get more out of it!
Next to learn is how to use the VST's in Cubase, how to use styles etc. All the things i did on my G-800 at the time, I want to be able to do again, without having to buy another G800 :)

Music Bird

Foreign Music Genres Nerd
Reaction score
If you want G800 sounds try Sound Canvas VA. It’s the same as a SC-8820 which has SC-88 sounds that are also in the G800. You could use it with Band In A Box or One Man Band.

Ask a Question