Hello from TX

Reaction score
Just a little note to say hello. I used to have a Yamaha PSR keyboard about 14 years ago and I sold it. Sorry that I forgot the model number. I do remember paying about 600 dollars for it. I have regreted many times selling it and now I am thinking of buying one again. This time for keeps. I am not a professional but I really enjoyed making music with it.

I am currently considering a Yamaha YPG 235. I played around with it at Guitar Center and the price is not bad.

I'll be doing a search on this model and see what I find on this forum.

Take care.

Reaction score
Hi there, renriq!

What made you decide to zero in on the YPG 235? I'm curious to hear what you ultimately decide to buy.

Reaction score
Mostly, I liked the price. However, I am probably going to wait on purchasing any keyboard for a few months more. I'll probably save more money for now.

Reaction score
Saving money is always a good plan, LOL.

I had a chance to take a look at the YPG 235 last night, and thought you might want to know it does not have touch-sensitive keys.

Correction: It DOES have touch-sensitive keys.

Reaction score
I am also looking at the PSR S700 or PSR S900. I know the PSRs are a big step upwards. But, since I am going to take the plunge, I might as well get something that I won't want to replace for years to come. I guess I will know when I save enough money for either of them. It'll be sometime next year.

Reaction score
A guy could really have a blast with one of those!

If I had to choose between the two, I'd save up a bit more and go for the PSR-S900. First for the mic'd voice input and related processing, and second for the extra Sweet!, etc.! voices. Of the Sweet! voices I've compared to their ordinary counterparts, the Sweet! versions are quite a bit better, IMHO.

(BTW, see my correction about the YPG-235, above.)

Ask a Question