Hello I'm new and need help!

Reaction score
I want to transfer music I've produced on my yamaha EW410 keyboard onto my computer. I'm very non-techie and having a real struggle with this. Find the instruction manual very difficult to follow! I bought the keyboard because I wanted the easiest possible way to transfer my music onto my pc and was told this model would record directly onto a flashdrive. However, it appears it will only record what you play at the time onto the flashdrive - I can't figure out how to transfer a 4 or 5 track composition which I have created on the keyboard directly onto a flashdrive. Does anyone know if this is possible? And if not what is the next easiest way to record stuff onto my laptop. Thanks for any (simple) advice!

Reaction score
If your computer has an audio input (line in), featuring a 3.5mm jack, you will need an adapter to connect the 7mm (1/4 phone) jack....
One option is to get a 1/4" plug adapter to 1/8" jack. Then just get a plain jumper cable (1/8" on both ends).
. . .
. . .
IF you do not have an audio input (line in), you will need to convert the audio output to a USB 2.0 "A" male connector, to plug into your computer.
Using previous items, just add this adapter, and you should be able to directly record the keyboard output.
. . .
. . .
When you playback your song, record the audio track on the computer.
(If you have Windows, there is a "Sound Recorder" application. Or install a more robust recorder.)
Look under "Accessories"/"Sound Recorder".
Or download Audacity (free audio recorder mixer).

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
If your computer has an audio input (line in), featuring a 3.5mm jack, you will need an adapter to connect the 7mm (1/4 phone) jack....
One option is to get a 1/4" plug adapter to 1/8" jack. Then just get a plain jumper cable (1/8" on both ends).
. . .
. . .
IF you do not have an audio input (line in), you will need to convert the audio output to a USB 2.0 "A" male connector, to plug into your computer.
Using previous items, just add this adapter, and you should be able to directly record the keyboard output.
. . .
. . .
When you playback your song, record the audio track on the computer.
(If you have Windows, there is a "Sound Recorder" application. Or install a more robust recorder.)
Look under "Accessories"/"Sound Recorder".
Or download Audacity (free audio recorder mixer).

Hope this helps.
Thanks I'll give it a try

Ask a Question