Hello - I'm new here

Reaction score
HI ALL!

I've been playing since I was about 10. Started on a Thomas Organ and taught myself using the "Pointer System". Then at about 16 I took lessons for about a year or so. I've played in lots of different bands. At one point in the early 80's I was gigging regularly. Even cut a record (EP) with a band. I finally got burned out. Realized it's only fun for me if I'm playing stuff I like. It may be a little selfish, but I've got to play for me, not for anyone else. So I played off and on through the 80's and early 90s. Then stopped playing for about 8 years. I've picked it back up in the spring of 2008. The old hands hurt a little now and don't respond as quickly as they used to, but in many ways I'm enjoying it more now than I ever have.

I recently bought my first REAL piano and I've been loving it. Have kind of abandoned my electronic stuff, but as I'm starting to do some recording with the real piano, I'm bringing the electronics back on for string and orchestral sounds. Just having lots of fun at this point...

I hope to be able to learn a lot here - I haven't stayed all that on top of current/modern equipment and techniques. Maybe I'll be able to share a little knowledge and experience too...who knows?

Chris

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Chris, welcome to the forums :D.

Sounds like you've got loads of experience to share!

Which piano did you go for?

Reaction score
I got a Petrof PII (7' 9"). It's got a nice right - but still warm sound.

For electronic stuff I've got :

Roland Fantom G8
Roland - XP 80
Korg N264
Korg M1R

Ask a Question