Hello keyboard fellas :)

Reaction score
Just found this forum, and as far as I've seen yet, there's no real thread about good hints for practicing. I'm looking for some kind of finger-practice, to get up some speed and precision, and I can't really figure one out myself, so a bit help there would be helpful :)

For some other introduction information; I'm a quite serious keyboard player, I'm 17 years old, and I've been playing for about 11 years now, though only really actively the last year. I'm playing in a newly created progressive metal band, mainly influenced by Dream Theater and Symphony X. I'm currently owning a Yamaha DGX-220, and plan to buy a Korg M3 in a couple of years, when I can afford it, and my current one won't be enough :p

So, that's me. I'm hoping to get a pleasant stay at these forums :)

EDIT: With "finger-practice" I meant some kind of exercise, just forgot the word when writing ^^

EDIT 2: Just felt like I need to add one more thing, I've only been into Keyboards for about 7 months or so, so all the keyboard technology and MIDI and stuff is quite new to me, but I've been playing the Piano for about 10-11 years, so I've got some experience in the actualy playing, but not in the technology :)

Reaction score
welcome sargas.

I did put a post where i asked other members what topics do they want to read about,
and if i have the knowledge i'll write something...

When it comes to practicing hints... you can't talk very specific cause we all have
different musical interest. I'm not into prog music at all so I can't be of much use to you and your playing quality. But learning much chords, progressions, the separation of them, arpeggiating them and combining them with a melody is a way to start regardless of what type of music you like.

And remember... don't just stick around with one musical type... run around a bit... listen so some ballads (great spread chords), blues (brilliant licks and patterns) and so on and so on :)

Good luck on your M3

Reaction score
Thanks for the help :)

I'm actually moving around a bit already, playing metal with my band and at spare time, playing classic stuff in school, and sometimes we play some jazz in the band aswell, so I'm not that stuck :)

But I'll try what you just said :)

Ask a Question