Hello

Reaction score
Hi. It's so nice to join a forum that keeps to the topic and has helpful advice(and nice people)
I have had a technics kn6500 for about 15 years and suddenly OH god It threw me a loop. The diplay causes it to bomb sometimes and some panel buttons RHS no longer work. What to do. Can't be without my music!
Talked with warwick at gospel piano's and he recommended the PSR710 so I am waiting on delivery. In the meantime, I found this site which is a joy. Keep it this way Mods.
baz

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about your old keyboard, I hope your new one arrives soon! :)

Reaction score
Hi Barry:

I realise this is a slightly belated response to your post but it may be helpful to others, so here goes: just cured a problem with my KN6500. A couple of years back, it suddenly developed a fault where, whenever I tried to save changes (e.g. to the Panel Memory bank) the whole instrument crashed and re-booted. I could still play with all voices and rhythms I just couldn't do anything that involved saving changes. Pressing the Help button had the same effect.

I went to another Technics forum and was advised to perform a Factory Reset. This did the trick and my keyboard is back to full operation. To perform the reset, you need to turn the keyboard off, hold down the top four buttons of the Rhythm Group and then turn the keyboard on again whilst holding the buttons down. That's it. Remember, all your old settings and stuff you have saved will be lost but, for me, that was a small price to pay - as I couldn't access the saved stuff anyway.

I don't know if this will work for you but, if the alternative is scrapping your KN6500, it may be worth trying.

Cheers,
Mike

Ask a Question