Hello

Reaction score
Greetings. I'm from Norway, and this was pretty much the only keyboard forum I found. Seems like a nice place, though a newly formed forum I presume?

My keyboard is a Yamaha PSR-S500. I've played piano since I was 10 years old, and I'm 17 now. Furthermore I play in a band, and we play pretty much anything rock/metal. At the moment we're practicing on some Nightwish and Kamelot songs. And we've started making our own melodies.

So, yeah, here I am ^^

PS: Gratwhol is the name I use at all forums

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
hi, and welcome... can you tell us how you manage to fill the "holes" in a band with an arranger? I had a PSR2000 which is more powerful than S500 and I felt like my hands were tied up...

We play mostly rock music like ACDC, Dire Straits, Lynard Skynard, Rolling stones, Queen etc... I had problems with not being able to do splittings on the bottom of the keyboard (and 2 voices in layer mode is just not enough), and couldn't edit sounds fully, just with those DSP effects.

Although... arrangers are not made to be played within a full band so I really couldn't expect my PSR to do all that :)

Reaction score
Well, for all I know, my keyboard isn't that "pro" compared to the yamaha motifs for example. But I don't know the feeling of my hands being tied up while I play :p. Frankly, I'm quite annoyed that I didn't buy a keyboard with more keys. But the splitting on the bottom of the keyboard works just fine for me.

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
Hi gratwhol, Metal is rad. I listen to some nightwish and kamelot stuff, and I'm way into prog metal. I also started with piano when I was younger. Welcome, and yes it is a very new forum. Not many people yet, but hopefully that will change.

I dont know much about those arranger workstations. Does it work well for you? I always want different features when I'm playing, and it is causing me to buy more and more keyboards :). I just bought my third a few days ago. I had a workstation and then a synth, but it was pissing me off not to have real weighted keys to play piano stuff so I bought a digital piano. Now I have no money, haha.

Reaction score
Well, for all I know, my keyboard isn't that "pro" compared to the yamaha motifs for example. But I don't know the feeling of my hands being tied up while I play :p. Frankly, I'm quite annoyed that I didn't buy a keyboard with more keys. But the splitting on the bottom of the keyboard works just fine for me.

<<Gratwhol>>

Splitting does work, but you only have 1 sound in your left part, and 2 in your right. you CAN'T setup where those part begin as you want. You only have ONE split point. I use splits a lot and i need them often so that didn't work for me...

Reaction score
Splitting does work, but you only have 1 sound in your left part, and 2 in your right. you CAN'T setup where those part begin as you want. You only have ONE split point. I use splits a lot and i need them often so that didn't work for me...

That's true, and it kind of sucks when I think about it, but I haven't had any dire need of it up until now.

My father also plays piano, so I guess he was the one who inspired me to start myself. He has got a digital piano, so whenever I want to play on weighted keys all I gotta do is to run upstairs ^^

<<Gratwhol>>

Ask a Question