Hello

Reaction score
New to keyboards, long history of singing, and drumming, started guitar a short time ago, and recently got thinking of keyboards.

I have a 4 octave vocal range, and have a desire to sing and play Journey, and Billy Joel mostly, as well as music creation. I know this will take some time. Especially since I'm trying to figure out what to do to learn this instrument, and at the same time sing and play my way from the beginning, so I don't have to sacrifice any range to play keys. Never really got comfortable singing and playing guitar, but could do it with some sacrifice to vocal range.

Another goal is to play classical music, along with sight reading. This is difficult to find easier composers/compositions and not the easy play piano method books.

I have another post hanging around here where I was searching for keyboard suggestions, and I think I've made my decision to go with Korg M3. When I checked it out in the store, it was the easiest to navigate and with the 73-key version, you can add the Radias synth module. Since I'm not in search of authentic sounds yet, this board seemed to offer the most to my inability to play, yet a deep yearning to create.

See you in the forums.

Reaction score
Suggestion

I suggest that you try the so called 'Classical fake book(s) ' . They cover lots of classical pieces in a fairly simple format without being ' Your first piano book ' . The one I have has 600+ items and is published by Hal Leonard. The US cover price shown is $24.95 - very good value!
Regards
Neil.S

Ask a Question