Hellooooo!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm The G :D

I started playing keyboard when I was about 8 years old and had lessons for about 6 years. By the time I was about 14 I quit because I kinda got bored because my teacher had taught me alot and was confident to let me just get on with writing my own keyboard pieces and I didn't have the focus to do that so because he wasnt on my case saying "learn this" it sorta just became a muck around session and i plateau'd my skills.

I didn't touch a key for 2 whole years, never even went near a piano or keyboard, plus I thought it wasnt "cool" to play keyboard and I hate myself for it. So yeah 2 years later I was doing music for my school GCSE's and found that when we had songwriting assignments, playing keyboard was easiest to do it on because I had previous experience. So I played keyboards again like twice a week at school for an hour and i started enjoying it again and actually appreciating it. I hate myself for even giving up, but i feel now that i've come back with a stronger passion and respect for it and im not going to let myself ever do that again. I love playing my keyboard or a piano whenever i can and i love it i love it i love it! :eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Big G.

Sounds like you needed the break, and perhaps a new teacher. ;) Glad to hear you are back on the keys.

If you ever find people saying keys aren't cool, dig up YouTube videos of Jordan Rudess and Rick Wakeman keyboard solos. Even if you prefer other genres, you can't help but get this look on your face watching one of these guys in action: :eek:

Reaction score
Hi Big G!

You've basically done exactly what I did - I'm now 2nd year uni and having been playing various bits of classical and rock for 4 years I'm starting to teach myself the technique I lost on hiatus from the keyboard. (when I'm not getting distracted by my synths, or even my degree...)

Recommended keyboard awesomeness vids:

, but it's upside down!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardtrifan

Latest Threads