Help! Alesis qs8.2 is out of tune!

Reaction score
Hi folks, sorry about the korg up top, for some reason it wouldn't let me select my Alesis.. anyways, I just got home from band practice and it seems as if my qs8.2 is out of tune! It sound like it's sharp.. about half a step, but if i transpose it, it's still off. I have a big show saturday and don't have the resources to buy a new one. I googled about possibly changing the tuning. Anyone have any experience with this? Any advice? Or am I in trouble right now? Thanks for the help!

gregg

(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Sorry about the trouble you have. It sounds like your keyboard is one that is capable of micro-tuning. This enables you tweak the tuning up or down to match that of other instruments that can't tune to you. You will have to look through your manual (or do a google search) to see how to access that function and tune it back to where you want.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Hi folks, sorry about the korg up top, for some reason it wouldn't let me select my Alesis.. anyways, I just got home from band practice and it seems as if my qs8.2 is out of tune! It sound like it's sharp.. about half a step, but if i transpose it, it's still off. I have a big show saturday and don't have the resources to buy a new one. I googled about possibly changing the tuning. Anyone have any experience with this? Any advice? Or am I in trouble right now? Thanks for the help!

gregg

(e-mail address removed)

Make sure tuning is set to 440, it is in Global settings. I have the 7.1 but cannot remember where the tuning menu is, check manual.

Reaction score
qs8.2 is out of tune

Hey, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I know everyone thinks it's a pitch wheel problem, but I've had a similar issue with mine for several years. I have to tune it (with a guitar tuner) before every gig. The quality of power seems to make a difference as when I use my power conditioner it's better, but not always stable. Outdoor gigs on a generator without my conditioner are a nightmare!

Please let me know if you found help!
Thanks!

Ask a Question