Help: Casio CTK 7000 song sequencer fault?

Reaction score
Greetings from Ireland! I've been happily recording on the song sequencer on my casio CTK 7000 WK7500 keyboard for the last year or so and it's given me no problems up until now...
Now, every time I try to record a track on the song sequencer mode the keyboard screen goes blank. It lets me record the track but when I press 'stop' when finished recording the screen goes blank for a moment and returns to the start up screen. The recording I make does not register.
Everything else in the keyboard seems to work fine except this function. I am now wondering if there is a fault with the keyboard or if i unwittingly changed a setting that blocks this function.
Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Two thoughts come to mind.

1) Check the SD card you are recording to. They do have a tendency to die unexpectedly. Swap it out for a good new one and see if the problem persists.

2) Something got garbled in the firmware. Try a factory reset and if the problem persists then reload the latest firmware.

Gary

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick response. I think you're onto something with the second point. Where can I find the latest firmware for this model? I am looking online at the moment. Is it the same as the driver?
Caitríona

Reaction score
I just did the factory reset and it did the job. Thank you so so much for your help, I'm so grateful!!
Caitríona

Ask a Question