Help creating patterns in Yamaha Motif XS6

Reaction score
I understand how to create patterns/change sounds and arpeggios, but I am still new to this thing.. here's the problem, and there must be a simple solution! If not, I'm taking it back...

With arp setting "on" - I play a chord so the pattern starts... for an example I use drums, keys, bass. Every time I play a chord ANYWHERE on the keyboard, the pattern changes to follow the chord. How do I limit which section of the keyboard manipulates the chord changes and which section I can keep free for a solo right hand?

Also, every time I play a change it triggers the drum to re-start its pattern, usually sounding a crash or a bass drum. I want the drum pattern to continue un-hindered while I play my changes.

Is any of this possible?

Meagan

Reaction score
"How do I limit which section of the keyboard manipulates the chord changes and which section I can keep free for a solo right hand?"

I think you must use the Split function to define the "limit".

Reaction score
not quite..

Thanks for trying but nope.. they voices are already "split". When I play each one while the arpeggio is not going they are split just fine, but as soon as the arpeggio starts the drums and arps are affected no matter where I play

Ask a Question