Help Finding Keyboard Model

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm thinking of getting a nice keyboard in the $1000 range. Some background; I am a guitar player/songwriter and record in a home studio. I know how to play keyboard enough to lay chords down and melodies. I have a nice Kimball upright that my two kids practice on a lot. Would love if they could spend some time playing with headphones. I have been looking at the Kawaii MP5 until I thought about this which brings me to this post:

What if there was an electronic keyboard like the MP5 that would play songs like a player piano? It would be awesome if this keyboard could play like classic Chopin or Mozart or even Elton John songs while just hanging out you know? Is this technology out there? It seems like this would be a no-brainer to offer.

Thanks anyone,
Rich

Reaction score
Take a look around the forums. There are tons of posts like this where people ask
advice about keyboards in a specific price range.

And don't worry about "playing" classics. Find a midi file of a song you want,
load it up in the keyboard and press play in the sequencer.

Almost every keyboard in the last 20-ish years can do it :)

Reaction score
The Roland XV-5058 or something like that, is really great. I believe guy babylon used a ton of the synthezisers from that unit in elton john's band. It has 8 expansion slots so you can input more sounds. it is now a discontinued product but you can get them on ebay and the expansion cards for around 5 or 6 bills. I've played with it before its a nice module. the new roland module is insane, but thats about 2000! haha good luck

Ask a Question