help! hammond / rhodes / clav on a budget?

Reaction score
is there anything out there with great bang for the buck? most important is a good hammond sound.. im primarily a bass player, so i have a great rig to play into..

im really trying to look at things around $700, but im flexible- and if theres something even cheaper with great quality, thats great too..

all help appreciated

Reaction score
is there anything out there with great bang for the buck? most important is a good hammond sound..

im really trying to look at things around $700

From what you say you require -around $700- your best bet is to look at the second-hand market

(ebay springs to mind)

There are only a few good 'Hammond' clonewheels - and they are expensive.

Maybe take a look at Korg M50..... I've got one, and it does a whole lot of things very well.....

'bang-for-the-buck' I don't think there's anything better.

Reaction score
From what you say you require -around $700- your best bet is to look at the second-hand market

(ebay springs to mind)

There are only a few good 'Hammond' clonewheels - and they are expensive.

Maybe take a look at Korg M50..... I've got one, and it does a whole lot of things very well.....

'bang-for-the-buck' I don't think there's anything better.

well, would a nord electro 2 be considered a "good" hammond clone? i used to gig with a guy that swore by his for the hammond, clav, and rhodes sounds.. what do they go for used?

Reaction score
I've also heard that the nord electro 2 is the best thing that does all three (hammond, rhodes, clav) Even if they're used they're still pretty expensive, and it depends on how many keys you want. A quick ebay search yielded prices anywhere from $800US to $1500US(depending on how many keys). The one bad thing I've heard about the entire nord line is that if something breaks you have to ship it to like Sweden, and I'm pretty sure the turn around time isn't great. I once heard that some guy shipped his nord to Sweden for repairs and didn't see it again for 3-4 months. If you get a nord then get a decent case too.

Reaction score
Nothing on their website said they did. But I'm not positive they don't. According to the Nord website, there are only 20 people who make up the company of Clavia.

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as the original poster.
Nord Electro seems like a descent keyboard and i really like the samples on their web page (Nord Electro 3).

As for ease of use (for my girlfriend/kid), does these come with built-in speakers? I would guess they dont but does anyone know?

It's a little bit pricey for me so i'd have to look second hand. Are there any .. cheaper alternatives?

Ask a Question