Help!! I'm very confused

Reaction score
Hello

I want to buy a keyboard.I have a midi keyboard(a cheap thing like 100€) but i want something more.

which keyboard is better for me? i want to play songs like Nightwishs, Stratovarius',Firewind, Dream theater and fin folk metal bands' such as Korpiklaani(accordion and violin sounds are important). I can't decide between Korg x50 and Korg ps60.

I want the best sounds and easy-to-use stage keyboard and maybe some rythm or arpegios to entertain people.Both of the keyboards are incredible and have good sounds(better than a midi keyboard :D )

Could you please tell me the important differences between them and suggest me the best for me? I'm 16 and playing keyboard for 2-3 years or so.I'm not very good at composing and 2 hand hard piano songs.But I'm willing to learn and improve myself.So this keyboard must satisfy me for 4-5 years.

Please help me to decide!
Thanks for your interest. :)

Reaction score
Well, I'm not exactly sure what you looking for? If your looking for something that you can sit down with, when I started learning piano my parents bought me something similar to a Casio Privia. If you looking for something with a lot of sounds to use on stage, I've used both a Yamaha MM6, and more recently my excellent Roland Juno Di, which is super high quality. Overall, Roland's are known for their high quality piano tones, and make excellent stage pianos.

Reaction score
Yamaha mm6 was in my list but i deleted it because it can only use 3 sounds(1 lower and 2 upper) and im looking for something not hard to use.quick option buttons would be great! I want piano sounds but Im not going to use only piano.Im looking for good sounds(like orchestral hits, realistic strings,organs,folk instruments etc.).I heard korg ps60 has better sounds than x50 but I think x50 has more options. I've never looked at rolands I dont know their qualitys and usage techniques.As I said shortcut buttons is the only thing that im looking for stage.Also i want something charismatic.Korgs are always charismatic to me.

Reaction score
Yeah, then like you said a Korg is probably a good option since your looking for more synth sounds. The MM6 offers a wide range of sounds, but probably isn't as good as a Korg. The Roland is high quality overall, but won't come with as many "charismatic sounds" as a Korg.

I don't have a significant enough amount of experience to recommend which Korg to purchase, but Korg are typically some of the best synthesizers.

Ask a Question