Help me. Solo in Dm

Reaction score
Hi !
Im a quite lousy keyboard player who has ben given a task to play o solo in a song
Can anyone please help me to create o solo that goes with this chords?
Not to complicated.

Dm dm a7 dm
Dm c7 f a7
Dm dm c am
Dm am dm.

Of does anyone know if there is a program that can create a solo from given chords?

Please help

Reaction score
If you riff away on D, F, G, A & C (D minor pentatonic scale) you'll probably be pretty safe, assuming you have a good grasp of timing. Disclaimer: I say this without knowing the song or style of music you're trying to play.

Reaction score
Thanks Cowboy! I have played arund with this notes, but I seem to be to stupid to get a good tune, or melody from them.
This is the song i want the soloto fit with-

Apritiate all help I can get :)

Reaction score
Yes. I know. Its in em. But my band plays it in D. So the problem is still my lack of skills :(

Reaction score
Ok, so just to be very clear:

If you play along to that YouTube clip you posted, you will need to play the solo in Em. If you try to play the solo in Dm to that clip, it will sound, shall we say, not very nice. Interestingly this is where the recently discussed "transpose" feature could come in handy. You could transpose your keyboard up a tone so you are hitting Dm notes to construct your solo but you're actually playing in Em so it matches the recording.

If your band plays it in Dm (I'm assuming to accommodate the vocalist), then unless you transpose or change keys, you will only be able to practice the solo when playing with your band, unless you have a recording of them handy.

I agree with you 100% that there is more to soloing than knowing the scales, however that's a very good starting point. The rest is up to timing, note selection, knowing when and when not to play, and respecting the sonic space of the other instruments. If you try different things you'll eventually hit upon something you like.

Reaction score
Yes i was transopsing my synth so i could play with the clip.
Thanxs for all good advice, I have actually maneged to com up with something halfdeacent, that i play with a sax sound :)

Ask a Question