Help me with a list of all keyboard brands!

Reaction score
Hey guys...

Im working on some improvements or have been for a while.

I need a list of all the keyboard brands!

Am i missing any here?

Casio Forums
Korg Forums
Kurzweil Forums
M-Audio Forums
Roland Forums
Yamaha Forums

Reaction score
I reckon that should cover it - if one or more prove not to be popular, there's
nothing to stop them being moved to the 'others' section, is there?

Reaction score
I don't know how far down the popularity chain you want to go before lumping in to the "other" forum, but from the "current" production offerings the following haven't been mentioned yet:

Access
Dave Smith Instruments
Hammond
Novation
Studio Electronics

I'd also consider adding a "soft/virtual" synth/keyboard area and that could include all the various offerings like: Arturia (MiniMoog V, Prophet V, Arp 2600 V, Analog Factory, Moog Modular, Jupiter 8V, etc). Native Instruments (Kore, Kontakt, B4, Elektric Piano, etc).

Perhaps a "midi controller" area might be helpful as well.

Lastly, maybe a "vintage" area might be cool as well and could incorporate all the throwbacks (Arp, Rhodes, Chroma, RMI, Crumar, Univox, Sequential Circuits, Polyfusion, EMI Fairlight, Mellotron, PPG, Farfisa, etc.)

Cheers.

Reaction score
Would really like the midi area but unsure how we should break that down for best organization.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Good idea that, Ray - I think a 'classic keyboards' catagory is a great idea.

Maybe a 'MIDI-related' catagory could be set up, leave it to run for a while, then have a look at which topics prove to most contributed to/viewed, perhaps.

Incidentally, Webmaster -well done for taking action over that idiot lala...
I reckon a collective sigh of relief is in order!

Reaction score
I'd consider making a new top-level section besides Keyboard Brand Specific, maybe called Computer-Based Recording. It could have the following categories: DAWs, MIDI Controllers, and Virtual Instruments.

Under the Keyboard Brand Specific, I'd remove M-Audio category (yes, they make a couple stage pianos but those aren't really what they're known for), or, if possible, have M-Audio redirect to MIDI Controllers; I don't know if the forum software you have supports it. And I agree that Classic Keyboards would be a good category to add.

Reaction score
Ya...I remeber that now.....after Bob Moog left his original company to make Big Briar, they kept on making products in his name, then ten years later he got a lawsuit against his former company to give him back his former company name or something...

Ask a Question