Help - Midi - sound only on key release

Reaction score
I have a Casio CDP-100 hooked up to Apple Mac Mainstage using a Midi-USB adapter.

I am only getting a sound during the release of a key, not on a press.

In Mac HD 'Applications->Utilities->Audio Midi Setup' I see the icon for 'Viewcon..' when I plugin the keyboard to the Mac.

I am pretty lost, can anyone help?

Nash, UK.

[experienced keyboard player, total computer/Midi noob]

Reaction score
Update - if it's any help, I installed the Midi scanner MidiMonitor app from snoize,

it shows when I press a key 'Note Off'

When I release the key, it says 'Note On'

I am using one of these as the interface cable

12577503442.jpg

Reaction score
ok so thats a really awkward problem... you can either 1. go into mainstage and switch every key so that its the opposite polarity, or... 2. unplug your keyboard and plug it back in.

personally i vote for #2

:)

Reaction score
oh and also make sure that when you turn it on you aren't pressing any keys on the keyboard, and click learn so that mainstage recognizes they keys the correct way.

Reaction score
oh ok, so its also possible that its the midi to usb converter, sometimes the really cheap ones have big problems, i suggest getting maudios version its a higher quality, or if you already have another audio interface then just use the midi on that if it has it.

Ask a Question