Help on choosing a keyboard

Reaction score
First of all, Hi guys. Have just registered with this site after trailing the internet for days trying to decide which keyboard to purchase.

I have a big gig coming up next year, rehearsals will be starting soon, but I need another keyboard to compliment my existing Korg Triton Studio 88key. It's fully expanded with moss and all of the expansion boards.

The problem I have is this.....

When ever I connect another keyboard to it, it sometimes gets what appears to be a "all note off" message at random times. I've tried connecting both a wavestation and a trinity v3, and it suffers with both attached. I've even tried 4 different midi cables, no difference.

So what I need is another keyboard that can do everything that the Triton can do, and maybe more. I will be using both together, but not connected.

I don't need a workstation, sequencer, sampler etc, just a plain synth.

What it needs to do well is orchestral strings and pads, but most important of all is it needs killer hammonds with lesley effect.

The reason for this is the gig I'm doing is Pink Floyd's The Wall, along with a load more Roger Waters stuff.

Can you guys suggest anything so I can start to produce a short list.

I'm looking for a 2nd hand model, and my budget is £500 - £1000max

Thanks for reading this far.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Look for a used Kurzweil PC361. I play a fair amount of Pink Floyd in one of my bands and the PC3 does the job very well. It's a great retro k/b. The 9 sliders on the k/b control the hammond drawbars. Don't get the 'LE' series, it doesn't have the drawbar control and the leslie is inferior to the PC3 series.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Well, after looking at many options, I couldn't really find anything that did everything, so I decided to spend a little more and get a new Kronos. Ok, it's got a sampler and sequencer that I don't really need, but after watching many, many YouTube vids and listening to it, it seems to cover all of the bases.

Ask a Question