Help! VR-730 Update

Reaction score
I'm updating the VR-730 but the screen is blank and no lights are blinking to indicate it's doing anything. It's been in this state for an hour now.. I don't want to turn it off while it's in this state. Anyone got any advice? :-/ Cheers.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I think you may be screwed.

https://www.roland.com/us/support/b...drivers/8da79691-7b0c-4c3f-99ff-e02b17c3cced/

Cautions with the update
  • Performing an update deletes all saved registrations.
    Before executing the update, save the registrations to a USB memory device.
    For information on how to save registrations, refer to the following section in the VR-09/VR-730 Owner's Manual.
    • Saving Registrations to a USB Flash Drive (Save Registration)
    After completing the update, load the registrations from the USB memory device.
  • Never apply this update data to any product other than the VR-09/VR-730. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
  • Never power-off your VR-09/VR-730 while the update is in progress!
    If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the VR-09/VR-730 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
  • We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.

At this point you may have bricked the board and it requires service.

All you can do now is cycle the power off and on again and hope for the best.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question