Help w/Roland Juno Stage click out

Reaction score
Hello! I am a newbie to keyboards - I am a bass player who is trying to utilize MIDI tracks for our live shows and I've recently acquired the Juno Stage keyboard but am having difficulty getting the click track to "map" to the Song Click Out; how do you access control to the Song Click Out? If it helps, I use Sonar 3 to play the MIDI files as I also want to be able to edit/create MIDI files. For now, I'm panning the click track hard left & everything else hard right then taking the stereo outs from the keyboard to 2 channels on the F.O.H. mixer so I can use one of the aux's as an input to a headphone amp for our drummer as a workaround. However, I really want to be able to use the Click out for that instead and be able to use the stereo outs for F.O.H. as they should be. I am admittedly ignorant re: keyboard capabilities and MIDI, in general, but have a HUGE desire to learn how to fully put it through its paces. I appreciate any help I can get w/that so thanks for reading my post. :)

Reaction score
I'm having similar problems, but my concern is sending a click of metronome to drummer's ear. Does anybody there use Roland JUNO-STAGE this way?

Reaction score
I have used other gear to do similar in the past. It can be a real pain to set and work with. You can avoid a lot of potential for glitches and other live problems by recording the tracks in audio , using one dedicated track to record the intro count and click track. Mix down the audio panning the click track to one side of the stereo field and the music tracks to the opposite side. You can save the files as MP3 and play them with an assortment of different devices. (Ipad, cell phone,etc)

Reaction score
Things were quite easy when I was using Korg X50. It boasts two arpeggiators, so I've made a metronome-like pattern, and routed one of those arpeggiators to "Individual 1" output, from where the click went to drummer's mini-mixer. Our drummer uses E-drums, and while main output of his drums goes straight to the main mixing console, the headphones output goes to his personal mini-mixer, where it is mixed with aforementioned click track and monitor signal which comes from the main console. This way he can hear himself, click, and all others, and is able to balance these sounds to his own taste.
Now, the JUNO-STAGE provides neither additional outputs, nor two arpeggiators.It has SONG/CLICK OUTPUT though. So what I did is I've created a very long midi file with just one track with minimum volume. Then I set up SONG/CLICK OUTPUT for click (in JUNO_STAGE system settings), copied the midi file to a flash drive, put the flash drive to JUNO-STAGE, and when I start to play the midi file via JUNO-STAGE internal player, the click signal goes to SONG/CLICK OUTPUT. The tempo of the metronome could be changed via tempo settings of JUNO-STAGE.
This setting works fine in general, but there are some glitches which I can explain if needed.

Ask a Question