HELP: Warranty issues in buying gear from the USA and using it in Canada

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Just wondering if anyone had any luck ordering gear from the states? I'm particularly looking at buying the Yamaha Motif XS6 from Sweetwater.com for $2500 Canadian, because even with the taxes, shipping and duties (I guess since the motif's made in Japan, there's another 7% tax on top of the regular 13%) it's still cheaper then the $2800 plus tax at any dealer in Canada. Also, they equip the machine with $1000+ worth of extras, including the RAM and flash drive :D

I'd just really like to know about any warranty or any other issues anybody might have had with ordering in a (specifically) Yamaha keyboard from the USA, and using it in Canada.

Also, I'm guessing Yamaha gear is pretty reliable, right? ;)

Thanks for your help, this forum is great :D

Reaction score
My guess would be the warranty is provided from Yamaha, not Sweetwater, thus would be applicable. If in doubt you could call Sweetwater and/or Yamaha.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I got it from Sweetwater and their warranty is an international one, so hopefully it should be fine :)

Thanks again :D

Reaction score
Good to hear. Everything I've read about peoples' experiences ordering from Sweetwater have been positive, so you should be fine.

Ask a Question