Help with "Agent X 2" ZX Spectrum music

Reaction score
Sorry not been in touch since joining late last year. Although I haven't been as practicing as much as I should have since my last post. I feel this particular forum might help.
Ever since I first heard it in the 1980's. I've transfixed by the incidental music that plays when the character floats in space. Although the blank screen at the start of the video plays a classic Tim Follin composed tune.
At 5.09 in. I can't believe that was composed for a computer game! It must be an adaptation of some folk tune surely? The actual melody is just over a minute long.
I've worked out the beginning and end and need help. I'm not do much bothered about the sounds. More the beautiful notes. It's about mid-January. It's something to work towards this year.
Any help (even recognising the tune!) would be appreciated. I'm using a gear4music MK-2000

5.09-5.19
A, C#, E, G, F, C#, D, A, A#, F#, G, A, A#, C#, E, G
And end of phrase at 6.01-606
D, F#, A, D, D#, A#, A, G.

To make it doubly confusing for myself I've written it as bass guitar tab. The D's in the last one after D,F#,A is the D above... I'll just post the video. The part I'm looking to learn starts at 5.09.
Many thanks for your help and happy playing!
Also!!! That is not my YouTube channel. So I'm not getting anything from it but to use it for reference point.

Ask a Question