Help with recording Roland DP603!!

Dez

Reaction score
Hi!

I purchased a Roland603, It's a very pretty sound. I really want to record it straight from the tap to my computer without relying on Midi unless the sell a VST that sounds exactly like my roland does.
It's really hard wording this question... I don't want to use a physical mic because my walls are not padded and the recording quality won't be as good. I hear the terms preamp, controller etc.
Has anyone else been successful with recording their sounds for a digital piano with no physical mic and straight from the tap? I would whole heartedly thank you for your help and time

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I haven't checked the manual yet, but the specs on the Roland site indicate that you can record the DP603's audio directly to a USB flash drive.

If the audio recording options with a USB flash drive are too limited-- such as not being able to do multi-track audio recording-- then the specs also indicate that the DP603 has Bluetooth audio and MIDI, so you should be able to use Bluetooth to record the DP603's audio on your computer.

Otherwise you could run a TRS (stereo) audio cable from the DP603's headphones jack to your computer's aux in stereo jack, or use the DP603's L and R output jacks.

But the simplest and most direct solution would probably be to record to a USB flash drive.

Dez

Reaction score
I haven't checked the manual yet, but the specs on the Roland site indicate that you can record the DP603's audio directly to a USB flash drive.

If the audio recording options with a USB flash drive are too limited-- such as not being able to do multi-track audio recording-- then the specs also indicate that the DP603 has Bluetooth audio and MIDI, so you should be able to use Bluetooth to record the DP603's audio on your computer.

Otherwise you could run a TRS (stereo) audio cable from the DP603's headphones jack to your computer's aux in stereo jack, or use the DP603's L and R output jacks.

But the simplest and most direct solution would probably be to record to a USB flash drive.

Thank you for you time in answering me, you gave me many ways to go about it. The flash drive IS definitely the best way. I wanted to stream live music so if the bluetooth actually works, then woohoo!. If that fails I will definitely do the audio cable. Thank you!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Let us know whether the Bluetooth works out for you. I've been thinking of buying a Bluetooth adapter for my Yamahas, so I'm curious about how well it works.

Ask a Question