Help with song specific patches for Roland Juno DS

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum and my buddy has a Roland Juno DS 76 I’m trying to help him with. We’re wondering if anyone has recommendations for patches to get specific, or good alternative sounds for specific songs. Here are the sounds we are having trouble matching:
1. Intro wah keyboard Original studio version Joni Mitchell Raised on robbery.
2. Intro keyboard Mama told me not to come original studio version Three dog night.
3. Best bass patches for intros to original studio versions White rabbit by Jefferson airplane and intro Sunshine Superman by Donovan.
4. A light string ensemble sound for I second that emotion by Smokey Robinson.
5. A mellow accordion sound for Emmy Lou Harris C’est la vie It goes to show You never can tell.
Any help or suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd love to hear you guys play sometime. You listed some of my favorite oldies there :D

As for specific patches? I own a DS88 and wouldn't have the first clue other than to audition all 1400 patches :D

Sometimes there's a clue to the song title in the patch name. But more often there's not.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for ya :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, in Mama Told me not to come, the keyboard intro was an EP with a ton of reverb effect :D

The rest of them? I haven't a clue :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I'd love to hear you guys play sometime. You listed some of my favorite oldies there :D

As for specific patches? I own a DS88 and wouldn't have the first clue other than to audition all 1400 patches :D

Sometimes there's a clue to the song title in the patch name. But more often there's not.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for ya :D

Gary ;)
Thanks for the encouragement Gary. If it was my keyboard I'd just try 1 after another. we'll keep at it!

Ask a Question