Help with Yamaha PSR 2000 keys!!!!!

TGR

Reaction score
I have a PSR 2000 - about 20 years old. I have a C key that is sunken down approx 1/8 of an inch. The key still plays and all keys play well. I took the back screws out and separated the keyboard. Then detached the entire keyboard from the workstation - then took out the 21 small screws holding the black strip and removed the 2 circuit boards by loosening the 15 clips that held them in. I can see that each octave seems to be made up of 2 white key configurations (CEGB) and (DFA) and one black 5 key piece. I cannot figure out how to remove this octave and separate these keys - nor can I find anything on the internet i.e. you tube that shows how they come apart. I can see and have removed the one rubber contact strip for the octave that has the sunken key. Please help if yu know how to do this. I have spent hours and can't figure it out. The service manual tells how to do it but the explanation is poor and no pictures or video. Thanks so much in advance. Tom What usually causes a key to be sunken ??

Reaction score
By the fact - all keyboards of Yamaha PSRs (also as old PSS) are the worse keyboards for all time! Each key vibrates on the very thin plastic plate! After rather small time there comes the tiredness of this thin plastic plate and key become sunken or simply broken. Especially such keyboards afraid of glissando or frequent pressing (what we can see playing the same chords in the right part of keyboard during playing with PSR styles)..
%80%D0%A2%D0%B8%D1%85%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Cheaper Casios are built the same way. That's the cheapo consumer junk.

With the higher end stuff you get what you pay for.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
REeeeeeeaaaaly?
PSR SX900 can not be mean as a cheap keyboard, but it also has the same keys. :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all I hate Yamaha for many reasons and cheapo keyboards are one of them.

Roland and Korg do not use such cheapo sh*t keyboards on their $1000 + lines.

Neither do dozens of other pro gear manufacturers.

Those crappy plastic spring keyboards are endemic on low end Casios, M-Audios, and Yamahas on their sub $1000 stuff.

If they use them on a PSR900 that's just another reason to classify it as a bargain basement keyboard.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi! You are so cool! ;) And it is so pity Yamaha don't know that you hate it (first of all :D) and in second - it's so pity Yamaha don't know that they have to sell their TOP PSRs (SX950 for example) lower than $1000 :)

They sell them for more high price... Without consulting with you... ;)

So - what we are taking about??? Oh ye! About "...how to remove this octave and separate these keys .."

Your solution is to throw away PSR-2000 away as a shit?

Den

Reaction score
Its a great keyboard if you treat it gently. I have CD's that I made 20 years ago and they sound great. Fix it gently and it should work fine. D.

Ask a Question