Help with Yamaha PSR S770

Reaction score
Frustrated keyboard player needs help with yamaha psr s770
Help! Anyone! I just bought this keyboard after salivating for it a month. I have played several kinds of synths and a Nord, I'm basically a piano player. this thing is so way over my head. I've been online tutorials and demos but still cannot just sit down and play a layered sound. What am I missing, besides a physical instructor at my side.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
An after thought:eek:
Does the S770 have a dual button?
If so select one voice then press the dual button and you will be prompted to select a second voice.
There you have a layer of two:)
Ray

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The PSR-S770 doesn't use the terms "MAIN," "DUAL," and "SPLIT" as the PSR-E models do. Instead, the PSR-S and Tyros models use the terms "RIGHT 1," "RIGHT 2," and "LEFT," respectively-- and the Tyros also has an extra split voice called "RIGHT 3" which can be used to the right of "RIGHT 1" and "RIGHT 2."

The PSR-S770 has four "PART ON/OFF" buttons that let you choose which keyboard parts you want to play with. To get a layered sound, turn on both the "RIGHT 1" and "RIGHT 2" parts, then use the "PART SELECT" buttons to choose the voices you want to layer together.

I think the PSR-S770 may also let you play with the "RIGHT 2" voice by itself, by turning on the "RIGHT 2" part and turning off the "RIGHT 1" part. You can't do that on the PSR-E models-- although you can turn on the "DUAL" voice and then turn the "MAIN VOLUME" down to 0 so the "MAIN" voice can't be heard.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Somewhere there's also a mixer to let you adjust the levels of Right 1 and Right 2. On my Tyros, it's right below the LED screen, most of the time. (Unless you've changed the function.)

Also, don't be scared that Right 1 and Right 2 will only be played on the treble side of the keyboard. Unless you've turned on Left, Right 1 & Right 2 extend across the entire keyboard. (If Left is turned on, then Right 1 & Right 2 will only be on the treble side of the split point.)

As for SeaGtGruff's suggestion about using Right 2 by itself, I can confirm that it works that way on the Tyros. (With a Right 1, Right 2, and Right 3, you can set it up to have three sounds instantly available in any combination.

Reaction score
Frustrated keyboard player needs help with yamaha psr s770
Help! Anyone! I just bought this keyboard after salivating for it a month. I have played several kinds of synths and a Nord, I'm basically a piano player. this thing is so way over my head. I've been online tutorials and demos but still cannot just sit down and play a layered sound. What am I missing, besides a physical instructor at my side.

Are you still looking to play this great keyboard if so maybe I can help you with suggestion etc
Could post more but you may have given up etc.
Please let me know.
All the best
John

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question