Hey Everyone! Korg M1?

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I currently own a Roland Fantom X6, Roland Juno Di, Casio WK110, and just purchased a Korg M1 (after selling a Juno 106 and Juno 60). I've been reading about battery replacement on the M1, and have read different opinions on how long the battery lasts. Some people say 4 - 5 years, some say longer, some say less. Anyone have experience on this?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Page 137 of the manual says the battery should be replaced once a year.

http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Korg/Korg_M1_Owners_Manual.pdf

It's a cheap CR2016 lithium button battery that you can pick up at any dollar store.

They may be erring on the side of caution in the manual but my guess is that they have a better idea of the circuit's current draw than anyone else.

Reaction score
Actually the M1 uses a 2032. I've owned my M1 since new in '94, and the original battery lasted more than 10 years. The battery that's in it is about 5 years old, still strong.

You have other keyboards, so you probably already know this; but you'll need MidiOX (or another SysEX utility) to reload the samples.

Ask a Question