Hey, Friends.. i need ur help with my roland FA-06 keyboard

Reaction score
Aashish:

I am not certain what you mean by "accompaniment". See Page 36 of the FA-06 manual for selection and playing of Rhythm Patterns, but if you are expecting fully orchestrated auto-accompaniment "styles" like in an "Arranger" keyboard, then I am afraid that you are going to be sorely disappointed, as the FA-06/08 are not designed with those features. The Rhythm Pattern generator and arpeggiator do allow creation of some rather sophisticated patterns, but that is still more along the lines of a "beat box" or "groove box" or drum machine, rather than a full blown "Arranger". The FA-06/08 are fine instruments in their own right, but I just hope, for your sake, that you were not expecting a full "Arranger". If you were expecting a full "Arranger" and want to stay with Roland, then you would need the BK-5 or BK-9. The BK-5 retails for a little less than the FA-06 at about $1000 USD, but the BK-9 is rather pricey at around $2500 USD.

My concern is that many (most ?) of the online FA-06 demos contain backing tracks for the demonstrator that could give the impression to those who are not all that familiar with straight synth or workstation design, that they are "accompaniments" that are built into the keyboard, and they are not. They are professionally designed sequences that were recorded into or loaded into the keyboard's sequencer prior to the demo strictly for the demo.

Good luck !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for that word from you.. i also need to know how I can synthesis rhytm.. that is if I want a 7/8 rhytm, how can I synthesise it as it is not present in the keyboard?
I also need to know from where I can get get a Roland pendrive and an usb 2.0 cable.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
On page 38, the owner's reference manual mentions how to create a user rhythm pattern from either a standard MIDI file ("SMF") or the currently-selected song. So you could either create the desired 7/8 rhythm pattern in a DAW or other software, save it as a MIDI file, and import it into the keyboard as a rhythm, or select an existing song that has a 7/8 beat and create a rhythm pattern from it.

Reaction score
Is there any online sites where i can buy usb 2.0 cable for roland fa-06. I am from India and dont know where to find these items. please help me.

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest some softwares for producing rhytm syles (7/8, 3/4, 4/4, etc) for a Roland FA-06 Synthesiser. And also need to know how i can install/transfer them to my keyboard..

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score

Ask a Question