Hey up, how ya doin'?

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

This isn't my first post, but thought I should formally introduce myself.

I'm Gary, originally an organist but played arranger keyboards for the last 20+ years. I played and loved my Roland G800 for 15 years but recently swapped it for a BK-3. Not sure if the BK-3 is for me though. I would get something better but money's too tight to mention right now. I have been looking at Casio a lot lately. I have always viewed them as toys. They seem to have a lot of features for the price. Their 'flagship' models are a fraction of the price of keyboards from the other manufacturers. I play publicly every week accompanying singers. I would love to hear from someone with experience of Casio in a live situation. Anyway, all the best everyone. Cheers.

Reaction score
I just knew you would be a Yorkie by the title.

You live in a great City, we were there late last year to have a look around the centre, have a meal then go and see Robert Plant at City Hall.

Did not get the chance of having a look at the music stores there.

Which Casio have you been looking at, one of the new X models?

If you do chence and can squeeze a bit more of a budget then the Roland Juno DS 61 at about £600 is a great keyboard, played one a few times at different stores.

Reaction score
I was out playing last night after my introduction so couldn't reply.

There aren't many music shops in Sheffield anymore. The best one I know is just outside of the centre, Rich Tone Music.

I was advised to buy a Casio CTK-4400, but the CTK-6200 looked more appealing. I've heard the CT-X series on YouTube. They sound great, but they always do on the promotional videos.

I couldn't really get chance to try out the BK-3 before purchase, just went on online opinions and YouTube. I used it last night. It was OK but sounds weak compared to my last keyboard, an old worn out Roland G800. See me playing it on YouTube.

Perhaps I'm just too fussy.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, Gary/trebleclef! I don't have any experience with the higher Casio models, but I'm interested in the CTK-7200 or WK-7600, which I think are the same except for the number of keys.

Ask a Question