Hi all , has anyone tried the yamaha dgx 670 arranger only im thinking of purchasing one , any thoughts..cheers Baz ..

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone tried the yamaha dgx 670 arranger only I'm thinking of buying one, any thoughts...cheers Baz ..

Reaction score
I have it, and love it. I would not call it an arranger, tho. or at least i don't use it to arrange anything. it is just an all around keyboard with great sounds, amazing styles, and many features (you can call them bells and whistles) that help me sound like i'm good. my only complaint: it is heavy. very heavy.

Reaction score
Depends upon what you want and how you want to play.

As a Digital Piano with limited Arranger features it is perhaps the pick of a very small crop with only the Korg XE 20, Casio PX S3100 and Roland FP e50 as competitors. The Roland is pretty new and short in supply at present but imo its keybed is superior to what is installed in the DGX.

If you are primarily into an Arranger then at the similar price point there is not a lot of choice other than a feature stripped very old Korg Pa 600 or Yamaha SX 600.

Reaction score
The Roland is pretty new and short in supply at present but imo its keybed is superior to what is installed in the DGX.

Having played both boards side-by-side, I'd have to agree that the Roland has the better "piano feel" keyboard.

...The underline in that quote was added by me...

Old No7

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
He posted this in early May.

Do ya figger maybe already bought one?

Way to respond in the nick of time fellas :D :D :D

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
March, not May! But sometimes people don't pull the trigger on their buying decisions as quickly as other times, and buying a keyboard that costs as much as the DGX-670 does might be one of those times, at least for some people. So it's possible the OP hasn't decided anything yet.

Reaction score
On another Forum there is a 30 day feature where an auto line is created saying that there has not been a post on the thread in over 30 days.

Reaction score
Had the DGX670 now for over a year and I consider it one of my best purchases and with not a lot of money.
Took some time to come to terms with the button pushing menu.
The keybed for me is a joy to play.

rm5

Reaction score
I have it, and love it. I would not call it an arranger, tho. or at least i don't use it to arrange anything. it is just an all around keyboard with great sounds, amazing styles, and many features (you can call them bells and whistles) that help me sound like i'm good. my only complaint: it is heavy. very heavy.
Okay, here's the thing about the DGX-670. I've played one once at Guitar Center, but I don't own one, I just know how they work.

You technically COULD call the 670 an arranger, you couldn't with the 660. The reason is that Yamaha brought the same UI and MIDI recording features for the most part from their high-end arrangers to the DGX 670. That means—16-track recording, four style sections instead of two, the list goes on. The only reason why I know this is because I used to have a PSR-S750.

SOOOO... you COULD technically call the DGX 670 an "arranger keyboard" even though it's really not meant for that.

Reaction score
I like the DGX 670. It is a bit daunting to find everything, but there is a lot under the hood to tailor most sounds, etc. The styles are nice and sound like most of the Yamahas. The PSR forum has many style downloads (including Genos) for this instrument. Is a joy to play. The keybed is great (such a personal choice) IMO. I consider it an arranger keyboard with a bonus feature that includes a real 88 note sounding piano. The price is crazy considering all it offers. I gig live with a Korg PA4X.

Ask a Question