Hi everyone!

Reaction score
I've registered few days ago, and I just want to say hello!

Newbie in keyboards, I'm learning piano and I would like to learn keyboard and synth also.

Sorry for my English, I'm from Spain and don't use English often.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, hamijo! Do you already have a keyboard?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Yamaha P45 digital piano, and a Studiologic Numa Compact (second hand, very light). Both are cheap, but enough for a goofy newbie.

I know that i will have to get some new stuff, but I hope not to fall into GAS

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I know that i will have to get some new stuff, but I hope not to fall into GAS

Actually, you should be able to do quite a bit using either keyboard and a computer without having to spend any money, because there are free DAWs and other MIDI software, as well as free virtual instrument plugins, soft synths, and sound fonts that you can use. :)

But for the best virtual instruments you'll need to spend some money, and if you're going to use either keyboard as a MIDI controller for virtual instruments then you may also want to buy a keyboard-less MIDI controller that has knobs, sliders, buttons, and other controls that you can map to the virtual instruments' parameters. And some people do prefer or need an instrument that doesn't have to be connected to a computer, so you can always buy a "hard synth."

But until you're ready to spend money, you can still have a lot of fun with free virtual instruments.

Ask a Question