Hi everyone

Reaction score
I'm a classical piano player who has just started jamming some with my first band and I enjoy the heck out of it. I've spent some time at the pianoworld forums and did several online recitals there, it was/is is great community. I like to play Chopin nocturnes. And Schubert. And Bach. And....so on.

I probably like Pink Floyd and Bauhaus and early Modest Mouse (etc.) much more though. Love all kinds of music. I keep trying to get into jazz, and while I really *like* it, I have never fallen. I'm also a super theory nerd, a very analytical person. I was an actuary at one point.

But I wouldn't pick me to play keys in a band (yet). I need to learn so much about the gear/controller/software universe. I have a great keyboard (I think) that I received as a gift, a Roland RD700NX, but I have next to no ability to make that device achieve the universe of sounds that I hear out there. I've spent dozens and dozens of hours with a Native Instruments Maschine and also with Ableton, but I feel like a toddler when it comes to making any of this stuff actually bend to my will.

Anyways, I'm hoping that I can find some great threads that will help me become a better band-mate, help me become more of a keyboard/engineer tech type keyboard player who can really manipulate the heck out of some sound.

I'm off to search the forums, but I thought I'd say hi :)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hello @hawgdriver
That is a versatile genre of musical preferences you have.

Welcome to the forums.

I'm hoping that I can find some great threads that will help me become a better band-mate, help me become more of a keyboard/engineer tech type keyboard player who can really manipulate the heck out of some sound.
Plenty of info here.
Start searching the threads and hopefully your contributions to the forums will be rewarding for all.

Start a new thread by all means.

cheers
Ray

Reaction score
Welcome.

Quite a machine you have there c$2500 when new, and it probably has a lot of similarities with the current RD2000 ($2900) and RD88 ($1500) models.

There are a lot of PF lovers on this forum so you will be in great company.

Do note that posts can very easily go off topic especially when the banter starts.

Enjoy….. Now where is my DSOTM CD

Ask a Question