Hi from a guitarist that just got a keyboard.

Reaction score
Hello, i just got a keyboard, infact its so new i just got it about 2 hours ago.
I'm rick and i'm from the uk but i live in cyprus having dumped the cold and rain for hot and insane.

I play rock guitar and have done for some years, I bought a keyboard to use with cakewalk sonar and addictive drums in order to make drum tracks for my band, but 2 or 3 hours in and i kinda like the whole keyboard thing.
So off i went though google looking for a keyboard forum and i found this place.
I also run a guitar forum with about 2000 members so i know the knowledge that can be grabbed from forums is vast and is generally very helpful to learning.

I'm under no illusion about the depth of learning i will have to undertake to get a grasp of this thing, but at least i have a grasp of scales and my theory is pretty good (guitar wise) so hopefully it'll help with this I know how chords work and such.

I bought a dumb midi/usb keyboard like i say to trigger midi soft dynths in sonar its an emu x board 49.
Guitar wise i'm a total gearhead owning 12 guitars and plenty of other stuff, so it'll be no surprise that if i end up enjoying my keyboard trip i'll end up with a dozen of those as well.

Anyway i'm off for a look around.

Reaction score
Hello, i just got a keyboard, infact its so new i just got it about 2 hours ago.
I'm rick and i'm from the uk but i live in cyprus having dumped the cold and rain for hot and insane.

I play rock guitar and have done for some years, I bought a keyboard to use with cakewalk sonar and addictive drums in order to make drum tracks for my band, but 2 or 3 hours in and i kinda like the whole keyboard thing.
So off i went though google looking for a keyboard forum and i found this place.
I also run a guitar forum with about 2000 members so i know the knowledge that can be grabbed from forums is vast and is generally very helpful to learning.

I'm under no illusion about the depth of learning i will have to undertake to get a grasp of this thing, but at least i have a grasp of scales and my theory is pretty good (guitar wise) so hopefully it'll help with this I know how chords work and such.

I bought a dumb midi/usb keyboard like i say to trigger midi soft dynths in sonar its an emu x board 49.
Guitar wise i'm a total gearhead owning 12 guitars and plenty of other stuff, so it'll be no surprise that if i end up enjoying my keyboard trip i'll end up with a dozen of those as well.

Anyway i'm off for a look around.

Hiya Rick - welcome from a fellow Brit!

I know where you're coming from regarding the weather over there (I've been there) but the scenery ain't much to write home about is it?
(unless you're prepared to travel to the back-of-beyond to find a hill!!!)

The Cypriot people are great tho', as I'm sure you already know!

Anyway - keep us informed as to your developments & interest in keyboards... you're right, they're kind of addictive!

Reaction score
yeh its a great place, i'm from you neck of the woods, being a burnley lad!!

thanks for the welcome!

Reaction score
Nice to have you aboard! Another webmaster around here!! Its tough work i tell ya.

yeh no kidding, you have to be mother, brother, jailer, judge and best mate..

then spend forever fixing stuff up, makes you wonder how we find the time.

I like vbull 3.8 btw when i get a couple of spare hours i'll have to upgrade 6stringheaven

Reaction score
Missed reading your welcome post for some reason. Welcome, and hopefully you'll pick up a lot here. Keyboards are a good compliment to nearly anything, especially if you try arranging your own songs on a keyboard or with computer software. You *can* click all the notes in one by one in some programs, but being able to play them in on a keyboard is so much more efficient.

Ask a Question