Hi from Coffs Harbour, Australia

Reaction score
I've just joined and thought I ought to introduce myself. My name is Harry, I'm 51 and have played piano for only 2 years. Prior to taking up piano I played guitar and saxophone. Guitar was my livelihood, mainly jazz and blues - to be honest not as much jazz as I would have liked as there is just no real market here. If I could have earned the money I'd play jazz full time.

Unfortunately I have developed arthritis in my left hand so I can't play much guitar anymore. I can manage okay on piano as for some reason my hand doesn't bother me when I play piano/keys.

My biggest problem seems to be that I know the music but don't have the keyboard chops to play it. This gets a bit frustrating.

Anyhow, that's me for now. What I've seen of this forum I like so you will probably encounter a fair bit of me. :)

Cheers, Harry

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Harry and welcome aboard.

Here's a video with some warmup stretching exercises that may help you out with both the piano and the fretted instruments.

As for bringing your keyboard chops up to speed...

Practice... Practice~!!! PRACTICE~!!!

(Personally I have more gear than talent. ;) )

Gary

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Harry! We seem to be getting a proper Aussie gathering here :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ionbel

Latest Threads