Hi, Hello & Help me!

Reaction score
hi everybody,

Off late, I started developing interest in learning to play keyboard. I am totally blank in the keyboard and please bear any my novice-ness in my request!

I am kind of lost about deciding the good keyboard. :confused: :eek::confused:

I will list some of my expectations. I am looking to get pointers about the possible options that I have and I will greatly appreciate your comments and help!

Features:
* 76 keys
* a large polyphonic one
* multi track
* Computer connectivity
* On board screen to display the notes
* Recording capability
* Auto-play of the downloaded tunes
* Karaoke support (vocal harmony)
* Metronome and ability to tune the pitch
* Learning mode (eg., something like Yamaha Education Suite)

I could manage to jot down the above relevant features, that I think are very essential. Please tell me if I am missing some other essential features. For instance, I am not clear as to what to look for quality of sound !?!

Instead of of a very basic one, I would like to invest on something that will serve good enough (if not for advanced players) for beginner-to-intermediate level. I am looking a budget of 500-600 MAX.

I would appreciate any kind of pointers! Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Reaction score
Hello Balasu,

Since you have a very tall order for the price you've set for yourself,I'm afraid you may come up short in some areas, & for $500 to $600,be prepared to buy a entry level,consumer grade keyboard.

First thing I would suggest to you,is that you buy from a proffesional music store like Samash,as they also have entry level keyboards with a large selection at more reasonable prices then say,a Target or Wal-Mart.

Years ago,I used to own a Casio WK3500 & I was actually impressed with the sound quality for a consumer grade board,but I found the sequencer to be very frustrating,as it did have a visual metronome display on the screen,but no audibal metronome...can you imagine?A metronome that has no sound?
I actually contacted Casio about this problem and that's exactly what they told me...it has a metronome,but no sound to it.

But hell...what do you expect for $399.00?

However though,if your on a tight budget and you are just starting out,it's the sounds alone,that are most important,as good sounds inspire the writing of songs & ideas,as they are the biggest muse.

Good news is,Casio came out with the WK3800,which is a step up from the WK3500 respectively,so this particular board may fill most,if not all your wants in a keyboard-at least as much as your price range will allow.

Here's a link to the Casio WK3800 product page;

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WK3800/

Good luck to you,

Elwood

Ask a Question