HI, I am living in Washington state now but have lived and played across the U.S, I play guitar, bass and keys. I am not real educated on techie stuff

Reaction score
I saw a question but need a little easier answer. I have a Yamaha P45 and am looking at the ferrofish B4000 for my hammond organ sounds. I need to know if I can just run a USB cord to use the Yamaha as a driver? Also, if anyone has a suggestion for a better organ module, I am open to suggestions. I want to play live and have the best organ sounds I can for the $500 range. Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The only ways you can get your P45 Keyboard to talk to a hardware module like the Ferrofish are:

1) USB out FROM the Yamaha to a computer or laptop or ipad or a USB MIDI HOST device and THEN USB out TO the Ferrofish...

2) Use Yamaha MIDI OUT and Connect Directly to Ferrofish Using 5 Pin DIN MIDI Cable.

Method 1 relies on software as well as hardware to route the MIDI over USB.

Method 2 relies on the Yamaha having standard 5 PIN MIDI OUT. I Know the B4000+ does have MIDI ports already as I own one.

I drive the B4000+ both ways, using the USB method primarily for playing directly from a Juno DS. Then I have the MIDI port of the B4000+ fed from an Arturia Beatstep Sequencer when I want a pattern.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question