Hi! Old guy, new to learning to play, can always use help!

Reaction score
Call me a child of the seventies....grew up on progressive rock and synths. Didn't realize until a few months ago that software synths were a thing. Bought a MIDI controller with bundled software and love fooling around with it, decided I needed to learn to play at a rudimentary level so I'm just not making random bleeps and bloops. Have already moved my from my 25 key controller to a 49 key one so I can play left and right hand parts at the same time. Not sure how I'll use this forum, but good to know it exists. I am a complete beginner in terms of trying to play, so be patient with me!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Don't be shy about asking questions. :)

I remember when I found out that soft synths were a thing. It seemed pretty obvious in hindsight that they should be, since computers can produce all sorts of music, but for some reason the possibilities had never dawned on me before, so it was like opening up a whole new world to have fun in.

Ask a Question