Hi There from Toronto

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I'm Jeremykeys. I'm 62 years old and have been playing since the dawn of time. I've been active on the Korg Forum for close to a decade and occasionally show up on Kronoshaven. I also used to post at Dijonstock but haven't been there in a long time. About 5 years now. Ever since I upgraded to a Windows based Cubase computer. I started taking piano lessons in 1962 and have been playing ever since although I haven't owned a real piano in a few decades.

Gear wise, my primary keyboard is a Korg Kronos fist edition that I've had for just over 6 years now. In my estimation it's the best and most powerful workstation on the plnet but I'm sure there are many who beg to differ. I've also got a Triton Pro x, a Wavestation EX, a King Korg, a broken Polysix, a Roland U-20, a Hammond M3, a very old Minikorg and a few others that are packed away. I'm a rock player. I also have about a dozen guitars and a 5 string bass. A very understanding wife and 2 cats too!
I look forward to meeting you all!

Best wishes, Jermykeys!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi JK ,
Nice intro. Welcome to this place. Looking forward to hearing some of your stories and worldly advice.
A lot of us are in the same age group as you (me 65) so you will be well placed.
Some are exp.musos some are novices. Me personally . . advanced from novice status but still learning. Took up kb just a few years ago and taught myself. I have a Yamaha workstation and just playing in the back room writing awesome tunes:cool:.
Not good enough to perform publically however.
Do you currently play in a band?
Cheers ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hidey Diddly Ho Neighbour!!! :D

I live right next door to you in Clarkson/Mississauga and like you I'm a 61 year old geezer.

Unlike you I'm self taught and only been playing for less than two decades but I've managed to pick up a trick or two along the way.

We'd all love to see some pics of your rig. Post them in the Rig Pics Thread once you are able to upload.

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/keyboard-rig-pics.21919/

Anyway, as a far as high end workstations go you should drop by for a beer sometime and take a spin on my Kurzweil PC3K8 :) I'd love to take a tour of your Kronos sometime.

Easy enough to get here. Hop on a GO train and it drops you off right across the street from me at Clarkson Station.

The beer is chilled Stella Artois and the invitation is open. :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Gosh Paul. I didn't realize that you had CIA connections :D :D :D

I guess Jeremy won't take me up on the invite then, seeing as he'd be instantly mobbed by thousands of adoring teenyboppers :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
That's the band but I wasn't in it way back then. I joined just after they recorded their 3rd album. I'm the touring keyboard player. They did have a fellow before me but as far as I know, life in the road didn't cut it for him. We got together again this early spring to play a big festival called the Haverock revival in Havelock Ontario. We're hoping to do some dates out east next summer.

Gary! No need to worry! My wife keeps them at bey! Besides, any adoring teenybopper that has the hots for a bald old fat fart like me, well, bring her on!:p
I'm up to the idea of one day driving out to the other side of the galaxy for a beer. The thing is though, it'll probably have to be well into the new year. We're planning on moving a bit east and, well you know. Packing, sorting, etc. That stuff takes forever. Especially when the 2 of us work all day.
Hey Cowboy! Good to see you!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No probs Jeremy. I understand the agonies of moving all too well.

When you do come to visit however, you don't want to be caught driving with a couple of Stellas in your bloodstream. Easier and safer to call an uber to the closest GO station and take the train out here to my place. I'm lterally 150 feet away from the station. :D

Cops today ain't like they were in the 70's when they'd throw you in the tank then pat you on the bum and give your keys back in the morning :D

How far east are you moving anyway? Ajax? Oshawa? Peterborough? Or good old Scarberia? Enquiring minds wanna know :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question