Hi! This is me..

Reaction score
I'm from the Chicago area and I play in a boy band tribute that plays a lot locally. We also play other parts of the US and Canada often. Love or hate boy bands, the music is very challenging for one keyboard player to recreate live :) I love being busy on stage, but it takes all my years of experience, and a lot of focus to get the job done. Other boy band tribute acts just you use backing tracks, which I hate. They sound so fake. You can check out my youtube channel for samples of my playing. There's me doing some live covers and a couple of original songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Hope you don't mind but I've removed your link for now - sharing a link in an introductory post always comes across as a little spammy. Hopefully that's not what you're here for, but let's get to know you first ;)

Reaction score
Welcome.

Definition of a Boy Band, a group of guys singing but not playing instruments. Our definition here in the UK may well be a bit different from that in other Countries

Boy Bands are nothing new, its the term that is, for me conjures up images of a manufactured group aimed at very impressionable young teen and pre-teen kids. Luckily those that survive longer than the marketing hype have stood the test of time and actually have produced some pretty good music.

Proper “Boy Bands” (where they do not play instruments) to me are The Drifters, The Temptations, Tavares, The Four Tops etc.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Guys. He didn't say he sings in a boy band. He said he provides keyboard accompaniment for one.

Regardless of musical snobbery regarding the content of the material played it sounds to me like he is an accomplished keyboardist whom you would be lucky to emulate. :D

Welcome aboard Brian. Are you really the only instrumental accompaniment for the band? How about drums and percussion? Are you using a drum machine with canned and preprogrammed loops?

I'm curious to hear about what type of gear it takes to emulate a full instrumental combo.

Gary ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhsmith451

Latest Threads