High Pitch Frequency From Studio Monitors

Reaction score
I have a great pair of Focal Shape Twins with sub. Over the last week, I have been playing around with the positioning of the monitors to get them sounding as good as possible. In the mids and mid-highs, I am getting a high pitch ringing with some of the sounds I am playing on my keyboard. I have the monitors on two stands and positioned in a quadrilateral triangle. I have everything set up in my office so the room is multi-functional which restricts me a little.

I think I did right by changing the crossover on the sub to accommodate the monitors and I have also changed the high-pass filter on the monitor to 60 so that the sub takes the lows better.

I am trying to understand where my problem might lie. Position of monitors, no sound treatment, monitors not isolated from stands?...

Would be grateful for any help.

Thank you!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If it's really all that important to you then buy a cheap spectrum analyzer app for your phone and run a test series to find the sweet spot.

Reaction score
Sounds like ground loop hum. I'm assuming the monitors are connected to an audio interface of some sort, and that connected to a computer?

If so you can get Hum Eliminator power outlet adapters for the monitors. I use something called a HumX.

Ask a Question